Saturday 11 May 2013

My first decorated cake

This was my first ever decorated cake.  It was for my eldest's 3rd Birthday.









I enjoyed making this one so much that I thought i would continue to make pretty cakes.  That was my whole objective 'pretty cakes'  I am somewhat of a magpie when it comes to pretty things.  I think the hardest part of this cake for me (apart from the hand cramp!) was getting the colours right.  You can see that they aren't quite right but not too bad.  There is gaps between the piping but while they were there I promise that it didn't look that gappy in real life!  I think it was the flash from the camera.  This was also before i knew about crumb coating.  I have done a few of these flat style buttercreamed cakes.  But we'll catch up with that at some point.

There is a fundraiser for a local woman with breast cancer who has been off work now for 6 months so things are getting a bit tight in a couple of weeks that I thought i would do a cake for.  I am thinking about doing a ivory rolled fondant finish with the pink breast cancer ribbon on it.  I'm unsure of flavours as this is the perfect time to experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment